Scott R. Anagnoste, M.D.
Dr. Anagnoste is a Past-President of the Broward County Ophthalmology Society. He is also a member of of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Society of Retina Specialists, Broward County Ophthalmology Society, Miami Ophthalmological Society, and Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Scott Anagnoste joins Retina Group of Florida after serving as Director of Emergency Services and Ocular Trauma Service at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
“Continued advances in treatments and diagnostic, make retinal practice more fulfilling than ever”— Dr. Scott Anagnoste
Dr. Anagnoste completed his Vitreoretinal fellowship at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. He received his ophthalmology residency training at the Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital where he served as Chief Resident in Ophthalmology. He finished his internship at the St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ, after earning his Medical Degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) New Jersey Medical School. He was the recipient of the prestigious UMDNJ Academic Excellence Award that provided full tuition scholarship throughout medical school. Dr. Anagnoste earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering from Princeton University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He was awarded the Xerox Prize for the Outstanding Research Thesis in Chemical Engineering. He is Board-Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Dr. Anagnoste continues to be actively involved in clinical research, including areas such as the management of severe ocular trauma, endophthalmitis, and computerized processing techniques for digital imaging for age-related macular degeneration. His research is published in several scientific journals and has been presented at multiple national and international meetings.
Presentations & Publications
- Anagnoste SA; Cordahi GH, Flynn HW, Jr., Scott IU, Alexandrakis G, Miller D: The Use of Blood Culture Bottles for Evaluation of Virtrectomy Specimens in Patients with Infectious Endophthalmitis. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Presentation 5/99
- Anagnoste, SR; Spaide, R; Orlock, DA; Fisher, YL; Slakter, JS; Sorenson, JA; Freund, KB; Guyer, DR; Yannuzzi, LA: Maximum Digital Image Compression Undetectable by Ophthalmologists and Ophthalmic Photographers. Abstract and Poster Presentation, American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, 10/97
- Levine, ML; Anagnoste, SR; Luntz, M: Long-Term Treatment of Glaucoma in an Academic Setting Abstract and Poster Presentation,. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 5/97
- Anagnoste, SR; Lisman RD: Evaluation of Vapor Pressure Osmolarity of Tears as a Clinical Tool. Second International Conference on the Lacrimal Gland, Tear Film and Dry Eye Syndromes: Basic Science and Clinical Relevance, 11/96
- Anagnoste, SR; Hall, LS; Lisman, RD: Vapor Pressure Osmolarity of Tears as a Clinical Tool for Evaluation of Keratoconjuncitivits Sicca. Abstract and Poster Presentation, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 5/96
- Asaadi, M; Anagnoste, SR: The Use of Cold Normal Saline for Vasoconstriction in Rhinoplasty (letter). Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 93(3):751-2, 9/95
- Anagnoste, SR; Frohman, LP; Bielory, L: Electrophoretic Pattern of Fresh versus Frozen Human Optic Nerve. Abstract and Poster Presentation, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, 5/92
- Fabrication of Opals. (Senior Thesis), Advisor: Professor William Russel, Ph.D., Chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, Princeton University
- Anagnoste, SR, Mandava, N, Guyer, DG. Fundus Angiography. In Brown, GC, Flynn, HW, and Regillo, CD (eds.), Essentials of Vitreoretinal Surgery, p. 51-65, Thieme, New York, 1999.
- Anagnoste, SR: Ophthalmic Pharmacology. In Sweeney, T, Mandava, S, and Guyer, DR (eds.), The MEETH Pocket Atlas of Ophthalmology, in preparation, to be published by Thieme
- Anagnoste, SR: Face-down Positioning after Surgery may be Avoidable. Oph. Times. 22(4): 30, 2/97
- Anagnoste, SR: Vitrector May Be Useful in Endophthalmitis Regimen. Oph. Times. 22(4): 30, 2/97
- Anagnoste, SR: Scleral Buckling Questioned for Giant Retinal Tears. Oph. Times. 22(4): 30, 2/97